"He who has health has hope; He who has hope has everything."~Arabic Proverb

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's sorta like a fitness "Julie & Julia"

...I guess that's the best way I can describe this whole blog thing! I mean I've found myself stuck in a rut and the funny thing is that the pit in which I've found myself has nothing to do with my health or fitness. I'm kind of putting myself waaaaay out there by posting this blog because unless you really, really know me there are some things on here that I'll be sharing that you might not know about me yet. And that's a scary thought for me (and quite possibly the reader too.)

It's a long story and I won't go into all the details (that's another blog for another day) but basically I managed to make some poor choices along the way and now I find myself dealing with the consequences of those choices. But I have discovered that once you've hit your bottom, there's nowhere else to go but up. That's the good news. The bad news is discovering exactly how hard it is to get back up once you've fallen. I'm working on all that and I'm getting back on my feet but in the meantime I've been inspired to do some other self-improvement along the way.

We'll get into more detail as this blog progresses but for now here's the basic outline. My challenge is to a.) start and continue an excercise regimine. Currently I am walking at least 5-6 times a week and b.) start and continue to maintain a more nutritious and wholesome diet. Maybe at the end of this little adventure I'll be a lean mean fitness queen or maybe I'll just be a happier healthier version of the Princess y'all have always loved and adored....either way, challenge accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment